2019 is almost here and I’m sitting here thinking, “Where the heck did 2018 go?!” I think back on my 2018 and I really feel like I discovered a lot about myself this year. Did I stick to my new year resolutions of getting into shape and becoming a better cook? Not quite. But I did start Oak & James, quit a job that made me unhappy, found a new job that does make me happy, went to Miami, and so much more. 2018 was a good year, but I fully intend on making 2019 an even better year. That’s why resolutions can be so important. Sure, I want to get in shape in 2019 just like the rest of the world, but resolutions can go beyond that. Here are some New Year resolutions you should consider committing to in 2019…plus getting in shape. You can have that one, too. 🙂
- Get your life organized. Don’t just settle for organizing your room or car – actually clean out clutter in your life and start using a planner. It’ll be a stress reliever and you’ll feel so much better.
- Turn off your phone more often. This one sounds easy but for us millennials, it’s a tough one. But believe me, looking up from your phone every once in awhile to take in all the world has to offer is actually quite nice. Give it a try.
- Make an effort to pay it forward. Even if it’s just small things, try to give back when you can.
- Put more importance on self-care. It’s easy to forget about taking care of yourself when things get busy, but try to take some time to look after yourself more often. It won’t just benefit you – it’ll benefit everyone around you.
- Start that side hustle you’ve been thinking about. Whether it’s starting an Etsy shop, Ubering, and anything in-between, the extra money and effort will be worth it.
- Spend more time with loved ones. Don’t take moments together for granted.
- Start meditating. Anything the help relieve stress is a must.
- Make a budget and stick to it. Set aside a certain amount each paycheck or week for things you need versus things you want.
- Travel to at least one place on your bucket list. Get away and enjoy a place you’ve been dreaming of going to.
- Stop putting things off. If it’s something you’ve been wanting to do for months or something you’ve been avoiding, do it now. There truly is no time like the present.
What are your New Year Resolutions? Let me know in the comments below. And check out the latest blog post for a perfect makeup look for New Years Eve.
Please follow and like us: